Saturday, December 13, 2008

Filth the Female Condition

I'm sorry, it's gone too far. I can't take anymore of this fecal matter. That stupid b!@#$ Stephanie Meyer has to be sorted out. They turn women into giddy little morons, and that's just infringing on male territory. Listen ladies, we've got the moron thing covered, we don't need your sad attempts at trying to stoop to our level.
Every time I hear women talk about the Twilight series they begin to sound less and less intelligent and more and more like ditsy, pathetic, air-headed high school girls who lack any novel personality traits. From what I hear (from my wife who is addicted to the abomination), the writing in these books is not even good. Turns out the author just throws in largish words to make it look like she's good at writing. Apparently the one thing she is good at, other than bringing people down, is making the reader (and the demographic of which is female) feel like a high school girl with a crush, which explains how the readers act when they talk about the books.
What happened to good literature? What happened to the Catcher in the Rye, 1984, and Small Island? What happened to Tyler Durden, Boo Radley, and Soup?
What kills me most is when women think that men would like these books. Yes, it has been known to happen, but for the most part these books are for women. They were written by a woman for other women. Men don't write about sparkly, shimmering vampires. For guys, vampires don't sparkle, vampires don't shimmer.
I'll probably write more on this as it continues to bother me, but for now I'm tired and losing my train of thought.

6 comments:

Unused Account said...

BRAVO!!
I'm standing up and clapping at the computer screen.
I completely agree.

L.R.L said...

I too agree, fully, 100%, all the way.

"All you need is love" said...

So I checked out your blog off of Hickmans today and I saw this post. The 'Twilight' thing really is crazy...I don't get it either and I am a woman. Literary junkfood at its worst.

FHS 05 said...

sex, lies, and vampires. isn't that what all great literature is made of? ...no?...okay.

Jon, Liz, Max and Luke said...

Dear tronny,
i love you, but i have to make a rebuttal.

While these books aren't the greatest...they are fun, and sometimes fun is okay. Bright intelligent, well-read women can read books like this once in a while; and shouldn't feel bad about it. i think one thing they have going for them is that they are emotionally gripping...which can't be said for many books.

If someone deludes herself into thinking this is great literature, i would take issue with that as well.

see you soon!

Anne W said...

Vampires are supposed to be dangerous and just want blood. What is the DEAL?