Monday, October 20, 2008

So tired it hurts.


I just finished watching one of my favorite movies, which I hadn't watched in years, with my baby baby sweet baby. Movies are one of my favorite things...ever. And one of my favorites is The Shawshank Redemption. This movie has it all: great performances, nice score, it's emotionally stimulating (for better and worse), it has memorable quotes, and it makes me happy to be alive. For those of you, if any, that haven't taken the time to watch this film I highly recommend the 2 hour or so investment.
The only problem with the movie is that it makes me homesick. It gets me thinking about where I'd like to be if we weren't confined to the routine of school and work. So now I just miss the ocean and wish I was on a white sand beach watching the waves crash against the shore, the water pushing it's way up to carefully wet my feet, dark storm clouds gather across the water in the distance. I'd say something stupid as Michelle sips her Peach Daiquiri, and I'd laugh as the ice cold liquid would shoot out her nose. Ahhh...delicious dreams.

1 comment:

It's Me...shell said...

only most of that sounds delicious. the other part sounds painful to me. I'd like to be there drinking peach loveliness